Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An Update.............

Thought I'd post an update for anyone still reading this, lol.  I know I've been bad about posting - a lot has been going on in my life right now and I don't always think to come and post.  I am currently working full-time at a Temp Job, so I'm pretty tired when I get home at night.  I am going to try to post each week on Wednesday, rather than thinking I'll do it everyday, lol.

I am still sticking with Weight Watchers!  To date I have lost a total of 82.6lb since joining Dec 7th, 2010.  Yes, it's almost the 1 year mark (next week) and I'm getting pretty excited about it!  I am now attending meetings on Tuesday night (rather than lunch-time like I was when I was working part-time), so the total does not include this week's weigh-in.  I am going to try to take a long lunch next week and go to my "old" meeting.  It's where I started....where I attended most of my meetings, and I would like to celebrate with them, lol.

Adjusting to working full-time has had it's ups and downs.  Up until a few weeks ago, I was working 3days a week, 5hrs a day.  I am now working 40hrs a week.  The biggest challenge (other than not being tired) has been food and not being hungry all day.  I have found that I can not eat a lot at each "meal" or I feel full - and I do not like feeling full.  This is what I've been doing (times are approximate), but am trying to think of ways to change it up a little:

7:30am - Eat breakfast on my way to work. Usually a packet of Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal with blueberries and chopped up apple mixed in, 1.5cups skim milk and sometimes a banana if I'm still hungry.

10:00am - Have a small snack at my desk.  Usually a Chobani yogurt and fruit (either banana, apple or some clementines).

12:00pm - Lunch.  Lately it has been 5-6oz lean ham, fruit.  Sometimes I'll have a flatbread with it w/a wedge of Laughing Cow on the flatbread.

3:00pm - Snack of Chobani and a fruit.  Sometimes I'll have a few almonds when I leave work at 5 if I'm really hungry.

6:pm/7pm - Dinner which usually consists of 4-5oz of protein, vegetable, sometimes a starch, 1.5cups skim milk

10pm - Snack of banana, flatbread and 1T peanut butter.  I can't fall asleep if I'm hungry, and this is the time I get hungry.

The food I have varies, but this is a typical day.  I also drink 6-8 cups of water throughout the day at work.

I have been trying to figure out reasons why I get hungry so soon after eating (at least it seems like it to me).  I suspect part of it is the amount of food I'm eating when I eat, but I really can't eat more that what I am without feeling full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment