Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Free Food

Why is it......when there is free food available, people descend upon it like vultures??

I see it mostly at work, as I sit in view of the entrance to the kitchen.   This afternoon, someone brought in a box of cannoli's (a dozen I believe) - you should have seen the wave of people heading into the kitchen!  I swear it took less than 5 minutes for everyone to have gotten a piece of cannoli and head back to their desks.  It was unreal.

This happens everytime food is brought in, whether it's sweets or lunch, or whatever.  I just don't get it.  Plus, they all talk about how they need to eat better/lose weight/etc... and then descend upon the sweets like vultures.  Often times, samples of the product that the company makes are put in the kitchen and the same thing happens (fried fish mostly).  I have always politely declined saying I can't eat fried food because I'll get a stomach ache (which is sort of true), I just tell them I don't like something that's in the sweets, or I just don't want it.  If there's something I *really* want to try, I take a little bit, eat a bite and then toss the rest in the trash at my desk. 

I very rarely eat anything at work that I haven't brought from home.  Mostly due to WW and the soy-free eating.  Probably because I am so conscious of what I'm eating, I always wonder what's in the food and if it contains something I don't want to eat (like soy for instance).  Also, there's a person here at work that just has gross hygiene habits (if any) and I would not eat ANYTHING that person prepared or brought in.

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment