Thursday, March 8, 2012

Journaling, Tracking, etc......

Surprise surprise - it really DOES work!   lol!

When I first re-joined in Dec 2010 I was all gung-ho and joined one of the challenges on the WW message boards.  It was the All Day Every Day (ADED) Challenge.  It was monthly, and in order to remain in the challenge you had to track everything you ate every day, and not go over your WPs.  I did well for a few months, then got lazy about checking in all the time and forgot to continue signing up every month.  

Well, I've been having some issues with tracking since I started SFT in December.  I found the challenge again and decided to join for March to keep me accountable for tracking and not going over the WPs.

Last week was the first full week in a few months that I actually tracked EVERYTHING that I ate.  Ya know what....I lost 2lbs last week!  I had been losing and gaining small amounts each week, but this was great!  It certainly helps to keep you motivated to continue tracking.  To date (3/7/12) I have lost 87.4 lbs.  I am on track for tracking so far this week also.  I think being accountable to someone else (the Challenge) certainly helps.  Hopefully I am rewarded for my efforts next week. :)

The last few days have been sort of a challenge of their own, as will the next few.  I found a cracked tooth last week and made an appointment with the dentist.  My appointment was yesterday, and the tooth ended up being pulled out.  It was a wisdom tooth and it made more sense to pull it rather than fill it.  I was lucky as a kid/young adult - all four of my wisdom teeth came in straight - no need to have any pulled.  It was one of those teeth that was pulled yesterday.  So, for yesterday and the next few days it's soft foods and no straws.  I drink everything through a straw - so that's a big change.  Also, most of what I eat on SFT is not really soft foods, so I ended up counting PP+ for yesterday and didn't even eat all my points, lol.  I even had 2.5cups of Kraft Mac & Cheese for dinner - one of my favorite foods!  Today I had eggs for breakfast and have oatmeal, yogurt and bananas for lunch.  Dinner just might end up eggs again, lol.  The dentist told me that after Saturday I can eat whatever I feel comfortable eating.

It's nice that the SFT and PP+ options are so flexible and that you can choose to do either one on a daily basis.  I normally do SFT but yesterday (and probably the next few days too) I did PP+ because I wasn't eating nearly all PFs.  So, the plan certainly is flexible!

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment