Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Post tooth-extraction update

So....the last time I posted I mentioned I had a tooth pulled.  Let me tell you.......things are certainly much better when you're a kid!  I don't remember anything about having teeth pulled for braces.  For a good 4-5 days last week (post extraction) it felt as though there was a huge gaping hole in the back of my mouth.  It wasn't until the weekend that I was comfortable trying to chew on the side of my mouth.  I did manage to graduate to firmer foods though, lol. 

It is doing much better, and I have been trying to chew with that side to get used to it again.  I ended up having Mac & Cheese again for dinner last Thursday, lol.  I tracked everything all week, including the weekend (went to a cake show in NJ with friends).  I ended up gaining .4, but figure that's not bad considering I hadn't eaten nearly the amount of fruit I was used to (didn't eat an apple until Monday!), and like muscles retain water to repair themselves I figure my gums may be doing the same.  No idea if that's true btw, lol.

I am still in the tracking challenge on the WW Message boards, so yay!

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment