Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An update.....

Wow, I didn't think it had been so long since I posted!  It's amazing how time can get away from you so quickly.

Well, Christmas ended up being a non-event.  Some of the food wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, and some of it I didn't like, so it was easy not to eat them.  I started the day by eating a good, filling breakfast before heading over to my brother's.  I knew we would not be eating as soon as we arrived, and we ended up eating about an hour later than expected - I was very glad I ate a good breakfast!

They pulled out crackers/cheese, chips/dip, and assorted appetizers.  I brought a grape tray and opened that and munched on grapes instead of the other stuff.

Turkey: so delicious I ate and entire leg and thigh (no skin)
Stuffing: he made a cornbread stuffing that had no soy in it!  I had a small amount and it was delicious!
Green bean casserole: I took a reasonable portion and simply avoided eating the fried onions
Yam Balls: a thick sweet potato mash "wrapped" around mini marshmallows, rolled in bread crumbs and sprinkled with more marshmallows.  I tried a small bite, and it was way too sweet for me.  Was not hard to avoid eating the rest of what I took.
Mashed Potatoes: as previously stated, I did not like them and didn't have any
Fried pickles: did not get made, apparently they forgot about them.
Asparagus: I brought this and roasted it in the oven - YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pies/Dessert:   There ended up being four pies, and not one of them was cut into before we left to go home. 

So, all in all it was a good day.  I ate reasonable portions of food, ate what I really liked (and didn't eat what I didn't like), and at the end of the day (literally) I was the ONLY one that had not eaten too much food or was stuffed.  I even had leftover turkey for dinner!  It was a really good feeling to not be stuffed.

I was also so glad I brought the asparagus to roast, as there were no other vegetable present on the table.  I love vegetables and can't imagine eating a meal without them.

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment