Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Ultimate Reward

So, I've been thinking a long time about what my reward is going to be when I reach goal.  Like most, I will need new clothing, however, I have decided to wait until I have been at goal for a year to start buying new, better quality clothing.  Both to allow my body time to adjust to the new weight and to be sure I'm going to stay there.

In addition, I have been trying to think of something with more immediate gratification when I reach goal....like a trip or something.  Well......I think I have decided.  There is a part of REI called REI Adventures.  They are all kinds of trips, all over the world, and the activities range from camping, hiking, cycling, skiing, etc...  Some combine different activities while others are just one.  Well, they have a 6-day cycling adventure in the Loire Valley of France.  It's reasonably priced, and I've always wanted to see that part of France.  What better way than on a bike!  There are guides, and full van support for gear and injuries.  The bike and accessories are included, as are breakfast and dinner each night.

This is my ultimate reward for reaching goal.  When I reach goal, I am booking the trip.  In the meantime, I will need to get conditioned to ride that far (24-39 miles/day) and under those conditions.  That should provide me with enough incentive to continue with the bike riding!  :)

In case I needed more incentive, lol, I have come up with a plan for making shorter term goals for how far I've ridden....I've compiled a list of places that I have been too and would like to go back to, and places I haven't been. 
                           Disney World - 1300 miles (For anyone that knows me, this is self-explanatory, lol)
                           Salt Lake City, UT - 2400 miles   (My best friend, JEM, moved out there last month!)
                           Las Vegas - 2750 miles (Who doesn't love Vegas?!?!?!)
So...in my endeavor to get cycling, here are the things that need to get done:
[  ] Purchase a bike helmet
[  ] Get the rack system fixed on the bike
[  ] Purchase new rack system if needed
[  ] Take a bike maintenance course
[  ] Find routes to ride, calculate miles

Here is what I've gotten done so far:
[ X ] Purchase a bike helmet (Just got an email that it has shipped - so I should have it soon!)
[  ] Get the rack system fixed on the bike (Car needs to get fixed first, then I can bring the bike to be fixed)
[  ] Purchase new rack system if needed
[ X ] Take a bike maintenance course  (REI Hingham is offering one tomorrow night that I'm signed up for!)
[ X ] Find routes to ride, calculate miles (http://www.mapmyride.com/ is an AWESOME website!!!!)

So, it will be a little while until I can bring the bike to be fixed, but as soon as I can, it's going in!

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment