Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 53, Fri Jan 28th: A Crazy Day

Today was a crazy day.  I belong to a national cake decorating group, and am the head of our State Chapter here in Massachusetts.  We hold four meetings a year, usually consisting of classes on Saturday and our meeting on Sunday.  This weekend is one of those.  We get cake decorators from all over the country to come and teach for us.  This time, we have someone from Michigan flying in.  I offered to pick her up at the airport and bring her back for her flight home.  I have opted to stay at the hotel the meeting is at, it's just easier that way.  As the rep for the Chapter, it is also my responsibility to bring a lot of the necessary stuff to the meeting, and as such, my car was chock full, just about to the ceiling. 

I spent last night packing the car up, so I could just leave today.  I have to get to the hotel, unload all the stuff from the car, and get to the airport by 3:45pm to pick up the teacher.  I also had some stops to make along the way at Walmart and Staples. 

I had breakfast before I left.  I had two servings of Multi-Grain Cheerios (5P+) and two cups of milk (4P+).  I should have thought ahead and packed some oatmeal in my travel mug for later, but didn't think of that.  I did bring oatmeal and grapes for snacks for the weekend.

I ran my errands, and got to the hotel by about 1pm.  I unloaded the car and brought everything up to my room, and met with the Sales Manager to go over some room changes.  I had figured I'd have to leave the hotel by 3 in order to get to the airport on time.  I left about 2:45pm so I could find some food, since I was starving by now.  I ended up stopping at Subway, and getting their egg white Western Omelet sandwich on flat bread (9P+).  I got it and sat down to eat.  I decided to check the flight to make sure it was on schedule, and found out it was early!  So, I grabbed my food and headed out the door and ate it while driving to the airport.

Got to the airport just on time, parked and met the lady at baggage claim.  Good thing I had emptied the car out - she had two big suitcases and her carry on. 

We headed back to the hotel, and got there in time to meet a few other decorators that were going to be rooming with me for the weekend. 

We all decided to have dinner in the hotel restaurant that night.  I ordered steak tips, plain baked potato and steamed broccoli.  The steak tips were so salty, I couldn't eat most of them.  I estimated that I ate about three ounces of them (6P+), the entire baked potato (5P+) and a smidgen of full-fat sour cream (1P+).  I had water to drink.

I had a pudding snack (3P+) later that night that one of the other ladies had brought.  I was craving milk so bad, but was too lazy to go out and find some, so the pudding seemed the closest thing to milk.

I ended up eating 33 Points Plus today, leaving 2 Points Plus uneaten.  I still have 45 of my Weekly Points Plus Allowance left.

No comments:

Post a Comment