Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 7: Weigh-In Day

I decided last night that I was going to try eating a small breakfast before going to my meeting and weighing in.  I know, I know, this goes against what most people believe.  It goes against what I believe too, however, I'm tired of having wicked headaches from waiting too long to eat.  So, I reasoned that a one ounce serving of cheerios and a half cup of milk would not be so bad.  It only weighs about 5 ounces, that's less than half a pound.  Plus, it'll only hurt this once, and then I can continue to eat each week.  So I did just that, and headed off to my meeting.

I had one serving of Multigrain Cheerios (3P+) and a half cup of skim milk (1P+).  I also brought oatmeal with me to eat before my meeting started.  I brought two packets of oatmeal (8P+) with fruit in it, and two cups of skim milk (4P+).  I thought I'd be smart and toss the frozen fruit in the hot oatmeal while it was still frozen.  Well.....when you do that, the frozen fruit sucks the heat out of the hot oatmeal....how did I learn this?  It was quite apparent when I opened my oatmeal and it was stone cold.  Yes, that's right folks, stone cold oatmeal.  I have to say, it is not nearly as gross as it sounds!  Yes, I ate it.  I was starving, and when you're starving you will eat just about anything that is remotely edible.

My leader gave us a great, easy peasy, recipe today.  It was for Shrimp Fra Diavalo.  Now, I love this in a restaurant, and once upon a time tried to make it on my own.  I simply added ground chili peppers to my spaghetti sauce...and added way too much!  I took one bite and couldn't eat anymore - ended up rinsing the food off and eating it plain.

The recipe she gave us was fantastic!  One serving of pasta, as much shrimp as you like, and Classico Spicy Red Pepper sauce.  It was so good, and not overly spicy.  It was devine!  It consisted of 5oz cooked penne (5P+), 4.5oz shrimp (3P+), and two cups of skim milk (4P+).

I ended up only eating 28 Points Plus today, missing my target by 7 Points Plus.  That means I still have 49 Weekly Points Plus Allowance left.

So how did I do?  I lost 1.8lbs this week.  I was happy, considering I had eaten breakfast before getting weighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment