Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 54, Sat Jan 29th: A Day of Cake Classes

Started the day with breakfast at the hotel restaurant.  They had a breakfast buffet set up with eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, pancakes, cereal, fruit and I think some more stuff.

I chose to have scrambled eggs (5P+), a quarter cup of potato hash browns (2P+) and a cup and a half of skim milk (3P+).  I also had some of the fresh fruit they offered.

Then is was off to class to learn how to quill with gumpaste (a sugar paste).

After class, lunch was served.  It consisted up roll up sandwiches cut diagonally in half.  They also offered potato salad, garden salad and cheesecake for dessert.

I had a half of a sandwich (7P+) and water to drink.  I estimated what was in the sandwich and counted the best I could.  I declined on dessert, knowing that cheesecake would not be point-friendly.

One of my room-mates took the afternoon class, which was making flowers out of gumpaste.  The other one and I just kind of hung out in the closed restaurant for the afternoon.  We did run out to get milk for me, but didn't do much else.

After the class was over, we hung out a bit in our room, then decided to head to 99 for dinner.  I thought about looking up their menu and nutrition information online before we headed out, but opted not too.  Boy do I wish I had!

I ended up ordering the Cedar Plank Salmon with jasmine rice and steamed broccoli.  Now, I know salmon is pointy, but it's good for you.  I also know that salmon is usually a good choice in a restaurant.  What I did not know, was Cedar Plank Salmon at the 99 has a glaze on it.  I looked it up when I got back to the hotel, and the 6oz piece of salmon was 20 Points!!!!!  Yes, you read that right - 20!  The same size piece of salmon, plain, is 9 points, so I don't know what kind of glaze was on it.  It did not taste overly sweet, or I would have suspected it.  I only had half the rice (3P+) that was on my plate.  I also had water to drink with dinner.

Miraculously, I was not hungry later that night, but felt like snacking.  So I had some grapes and skim milk to drink (4P+).

I ate 44 Points Plus today using 9 of my Weekly Points Plus Allowance, leaving me with 34 for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment