Sunday, May 15, 2011

Eggs

I love eggs.  I really really love them.  I love them scrambled, fried, poached, omeletted (I don't really think that's even a word, lol).  I can't imagine not eating them 3 or 4 times a week for breakfast.  Lately, in my WW meeting and on the WW message forums, I've been noticing more and more that people are eating egg beaters (or some other egg substitute) rather than actual eggs.  Yes, I know they are less Points Plus than an egg, but what about eating real food, rather than processed.  I'm sure I eat my fair share of processed foods, but I've been slowly trying to eat less of them. 

It just seems, to me at least, that I'd rather count the points for real eggs, rather than sacrifice the flavor and nutrition of eggs, for a substitute.  I really noticed it a few weeks ago.  I went to Cracker Barrel with my family for dinner, and figured I'd get the egg substitute omelette, rather than the real egg one.  You know what....it had no taste what so ever!  It was very bland, and didn't even have the same consistency of a regular omelette.   It was actually kind of gross, but I wasn't going to wait for more food to be cooked, so I ate it anyway.  I did, however, vow to never order egg substitute in a restaurant again!  I decided right then and there, that it would always be worth it, to me, to eat real eggs.

At home, I have Eggland's Best.  They just seem like they have more nutrition in them than regular eggs.  I don't know if they really do, but I think so, and that's what matters.

So, that's my take on egg vs. egg substitutes.   Feel free to comment!

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment