Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some yummmmmmy chicken!!!!!!!!

I made some AWESOME chicken last night for dinner.  It's an extremely easy recipe - one that I don't even have written down!  I found it years and years ago (probably close to 15?) in a free newspaper at a campground I was camping at (I LOVE camping btw!).  The title is a little weird, but it tastes absolutely fantastic!  So what is this fantastic recipe I keep talking about?????????

Coke 'n' Catsup Chicken.   Yup, you read that right!  It makes this amazing bbq sauce as it cooks!

It's soooooooooo super simple, ANYONE can make it!   You take approx 2 lbs of chicken (I used a package of 8 boneless skinless thighs cause I don't eat white meat chicken, but you can use whatever you want), 12oz of cola (any real soda will work, NOT sugar free!), catsup (I don't have a measurement, but 1/4 cup or so should be good).  Put everything into a saucepan with a cover, set burner on med-high and bring to boil.  Once it boils, turn burner down and simmer approx 45min or so.  THAT'S IT!  It comes out the consistency of pulled pork.  It's sooooooooooooo gooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!    As for how I count it.....I put the recipe into the Recipe Builder on the eTools website, and it came up very pointy.  I then realized it assumed I was also eating 1/8th of the sauce (which I don't!).  So, to count it, I simply figured out the points for the weight of the chicken and added 1 point for the sauce.

So.........what did I have to eat today???

Breakfast was a packet of Quaker Oatmeal Weight Control Oatmeal (4P+) with a half ounce of golden raising (1P+), a half ounce of Craisins (1P+) and a mashed up banana mixed in.  I also had 1.5 cups of skim milk to drink with it (3P+).

I had tried the McDonald's oatmeal a while ago and loved it.  I realized, though, that for the same points, I could make my own, and have a lot more oatmeal to eat, lol.  I've also started drinking 1.5 cups of skim milk with each meal, rather than 2 cups.  It saves a few points in the day, and I haven't noticed a difference as far as feeling satisfied until the next meal.

Lunch was some egg salad that I made up the other day, the portion I had was 7 P+.  Here's a picture of the egg salad:




Dinner was 4oz of the pulled chicken (3P+), an ounce of cooked pasta (1P+), and 1.5cups of skim milk (3P+).

I was hungry later so had another 4oz serving of the chicken (3P+), 1/3 cup of coconut rice (3P+), a half cup of frozen corn (2P+) and 1.5 cups of skim milk (3P+).

I believe that might be all for tonight, but it may not be.  So far I've eaten 36 P+ for today, using 5 of my Weekly Points Plus Allowance.  With Tuesday and Wednesday's food, that leaves me with 37 WPA for the week.  I try to use them evenly throughout the week, unless I know I have something coming up on the weekend.  Even then, I will only save half of my WPA for it.  I have to use my WPA throughout the week - I could not be satisfied using only my Daily Points, it's just not enough food for me, I get hungry.

If I end up eating more tonight, I will update the post.

Update:

Ok, so I got hungry like I thought I would, lol.  I chose to have a Chobani yogurt.  I never thought I'd like greek yogurt, but was convinced by a good friend to try it.  It was delicious!!!!!!  the entire serving of Chobani is only 5P+ - pretty good for a snack, imo.  Here is the raspberry one that I had for a snack tonight:


~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment