Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunday, May 8th

Today was Mother's Day!!!!!!   I took my mom out for a late lunch today. :)

For breakfast, I had two servings of MultiGrain Cheerios, 1.5 cups of skim milk, a banana, a slice of toast and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.  I spread the peanut butter on the toast, and sliced the banana up.  I put some of the banana slices on the toast (LOVE pb & banana!), and the rest in the cereal.  My breakfast totaled 14 P+.

My mom requested Veal Parm for lunch, so we went to a little italian place about an hour away that is supposed  to be really good.  I looked up their menu online before we went, and decided on Seafood Fra Diavolo with Lobster ravioli.  I love Fra Diavolo sauce, and was craving seafood - so this seemed to fit the bill pretty good!

The food came and it looked fantastic!  There were six big lobster ravioli's (each one about the size of my palm!), mussles, littlenecks (a type of clam), sea scallops and jumbo shrimp.  I couldn't wait to dig into it!  I took a bite of my meal and the heat (spice) from the Fra Diavolo hit me in the back of my throat like I couldn't imagine - it was soooooo spicy!!!!  I wasn't sure if I would be able to finish the meal, but persevered.  I ended up eating about half of it, along with I think about a gallon of water (lol), and a small piece of bread.  I did some research online when I got home, and estimated that the portion I ate was about 9P+.  I am not all that concerned that I'm right, just that I gave it a reasonable attempt to figure out the points for the food.

I had made my mom a cake for Mother's Day (I decorate cakes as a hobby).  It went against all that I know, lol, but I made her her favorite cake.  Yellow box mix and chocolate canned frosting.  I put everything into the WW Recipe Builder, and put in 12 servings to have an idea of how many P+ a slice of cake would be.  Well.....when I cut the cake later, I ended up cutting slices that were 1/16th of the cake (instead of 1/12th).  I adjusted the Recipe Builder, and each slice was only 9P+!  So, I had a serving of the cake for 9P+.

I was hungry later, so had my leftovers for dinner.  I first put them in a colander and rinsed off all of the Fra Diavolo sauce, lol.  I heated it up with some regular pasta sauce.  I ate most of the leftovers, and had 1.5 cups of skim milk with them.  My dinner was 10P+.

I ended up eating 42 P+ for the day, using 11 of my WPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment