Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 27: Christmas Day Re-Do, Sort of

Today I celebrated Christmas with my friend Muffin and her family.  She is married with three boys (13, 11 and 9).  We let the children decide what they wanted to eat, and ended up with a menu of rotisserie ham, macaroni and cheese and corn on the cob.  We also had dinner rolls.  The combination was not as strange as it sounds, and was actually pretty good!

So, for breakfast I had two eggs (4pts), two breakfast sausages (3pts) and two cups of milk (4pts) for a total of 11 points.

Lunch was at my friend's house.  I had about eight ounces of lean ham (7pts), a cup of mac & cheese (9pts), two corn on the cobs (5pts), half a dinner roll (2pts) and about eight ounces of Welch's Sparkling Juice (4pts).  After lunch I had a cupcake (5pts) and two cups of milk (4pts).  Everything at my friend's house totaled 36 points.  Yes, it was a lot, but I planned for it and tracked it all. 

Miraculously, when I got home I was hungry.  I opted for a packet of oatmeal (4pts) with a banana and some strawberries in it.  I also had two cups of milk (4pts), for a total of 8 points.

So, today I ate 54 points, using 18 of my weekly points.  That leaves me with 17 of my weekly points remaining.  I am trying to be better about tracking my Good Health Guidelines.  It looks like I had 5 glasses of water today, 3 servings of dairy, and 4 servings of fruit/veg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment