Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 30: One Month Down

So, I've been following Weight Watchers' Points Plus program for 30 days now.  Including over Christmas and New Year's.  How am I doing?  I'm down 12.2 pounds in those 30 days (4 weeks).  I have no doubt, had I not joined WW, I quite possibly could have been UP 12.2 pounds!  I am glad that I decided to join and actually did join. 

I frequent the WW message boards (on the WW site), and one of them asks a Question of the Day.  Today's question was whether you kept any of the 'fat' or 'skinny' clothes.  If so, why?   I got me thinking.  When I joined WW the first time, I lost 100lbs, and virtually ended up with a brand new wardrobe at one point.  I started wondering today, what happened to all those clothes.  Some are packed away in plastic tubs, while some are still hanging in my closet.  I was shopping one day back then, and found a perfect top/skirt set that I absolutely loved, and screamed 'ME'.  It's hanging in my closet, fully visible on a daily basis.  It was my incentive to keep with WW and not give up.  I'm hoping it works this time!  My goal (at least for now) is to wear it to my 20th HS Reunion in2012!  It's a size 8...I think the last time I was an 8 was in elementary school, lol!

So, breakfast consisted of two Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cinnamon Waffles (5P+), some frozen strawberries and bananas cooked up on the stove (0P+), and two cups of milk (4P+), for a total of 9 Points Plus for breakfast.

Lunch was a concoction that I put together to use up some leftovers in the frig.  I took some french-style green beans, black beans, corn, taco meat, and some other stuff and cooked it up in a pan, and added a little raspberry dressing.  This all came up to 7 Points Plus.  I also had two cups of milk with lunch (4P+), for a total of 11 Points Plus.

I had a little dessert after lunch.  I felt like ice cream (2P+).  I've mentioned before that I have a quarter cup of ice cream, instead of a full half cup, because it's just as satisfying as a full serving.  I thought I'd share what that quarter cup of ice cream looks like.  It's in a small dish that I purchased the last time I joined WW, for the sole purpose of making a half serving of ice cream not look so small.



Dinner was spaghetti (5P+), a quarter cup of sauce (1P+), two meatballs (2P+) and two cups of milk (4P+), for a total of 12 Points Plus for dinner. 

I had a snack later of two packets of oatmeal (8P+) and two cups of milk (4P+), for a total of 12 Points Plus for a snack.

I ate at total of 46 Points Plus, using 10 of my Weekly Points Plus Allowance, leaving me with 36 Points Plus for the remainder of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment