Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 34: Eggless Pancakes

So, I wanted pancakes for breakfast, except there was one big problem - no EGGS!  I use Bisquick to make my pancakes, and it takes eggs.  Pancakes from scratch need eggs too!  So....I went online and started searching for Eggless Pancakes recipes.  I found one that used the following ingredients:


First, the recipe said to mash the banana in a bowl.

Then mix in two cups of water with the banana.

Then mix all the dry ingredients together.

Then mix the wet and dry ingredients.

It seemed kind of thick when I put it in the pan.

So, I added a little more water to the batter to thin it down.  It helped.

I cooked the first pancake, and broke it in half to taste it.  It was ok, but not very good.  It needed some sweetness, so I added some granulated sugar to the batter in the bowl. 


The second one tasted much better!  I ate three for breakfast, and they were ok.  They certainly weren't regular pancakes, but they were better than no pancakes.  I ended up with 14 pancakes total, serving size of 2 pancakes.


Funny enough, my dog loved them!  So, I ripped them up into pieces, and he had them over the next few days as treats, lol.

So, one serving of Eggless Pancakes was 3P+ and I also had two cups of milk (4P+), for a total of 7 Points Plus for breakfast.

Lunch was leftover Crispy fish (4P+), a half cup of Pasta Roni (3P+), a half cup of creamed corn (2P+) and two cups of milk (4P+), for a total of 13 Points Plus.

Dinner was a grilled cheese sandwich (11P+) with two slices of Arnold Oat Nut Bread and two slices of Kraft Singles, a half cup of tomato soup (2P+) and two cups of milk (4P+), for a total of 17 points.

So, I ate 37 Points Plus today, using 1 of my Weekly Points Plus Allowance, leaving me with 12 for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment