Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 31: A New Recipe

Breakfast consisted of two eggs (3P+), two Johnsonville breakfast sausages (3P+) and two cups of milk (4P+) for a total of 10 Points Plus for breakfast.

Lunch was a little concoction that I put together.  It was leftover spaghetti (5P+), leftover taco meat (4P+) and a little bit of leftover tomato soup (1P+), for a total of 9 Points Plus.  No milk today, since I forgot to go to the store and there wasn't any left, lol.

I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight.  I call it Crispy Fish.  The original recipe called for chicken, but since I don't really like chicken, and love fish, I used fish.  It was basically two cups of Rice Krispies mixed with some seasonings, an egg (whipped with a fork), and a pound of haddock.  You dip the haddock in the egg, then coat both sides in the Rice Krispies.  Spray a pan, lay the coated haddock in the pan, and bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.  I also sprayed the top of the fish with non-stick butter cooking spray to help it brown.  It was DELICIOUS!!!   It ended up making four servings (half a fillet per serving).



For dinner I had one serving of Crispy Fish (4P+), a baked potato (4P+) with Kraft Fat Free Ranch Dressing (1P+), a half cup of Green Giant Cream Corn (2P+) and two cups of milk (4P+).  This all totaled 15 Points Plus.

I spent the day baking cookies for a baby shower, and had some dough left over, so created small half-dollar to full-dollar size cookies to quality taste them.  I ate one, so counted 2 Points Plus for it.  I estimated based on one cookie being 4 Points Plus (per recipe builder).  I was also hungry before bed, so had a packet of oatmeal (4P+) with a cut up apple in it (0P+) and two cups of milk (4P+) for a snack of 8 Points Plus.

So I finished the day having eaten 45 Points Plus, using 9 of my Weekly Points Plus Allowance, leaving me with 28 remaining for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment