Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 40: Chicken Stir Fry!

I started my day with two scrambled eggs (3P+), two breakfast sausages (3P+) and two cups of milk (4P+), for a total of 10 Points Plus for breakfast. I also had some picante sauce with my eggs.




I found a recipe online for Thai fried rice, and decided to give it a try today.  I didn't have everything called for in the recipe, so I improvised with what I had.  I took four boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut them up and marinated them in a soy ginger marinade.  I also pre-cooked two cups of Success Rice Brown Rice, and cut up some peppers, onions and celery.  I heated some olive oil in a very hot wok, and when the oil was hot, added the chicken and stir fried until they were cook, then set them aside.  Then scrambled two eggs and cooked those in the wok also.  Took those out and set them aside with the chicken.  Then put in a little more oil into the wok and put in the onions, peppers and celery, and a little bit of minced garlic.  Cooked those for a few minutes, then added in the two cups of rice and some soy sauce.  Cooked those for a few minutes and added back the chicken and egg.

It came out awesome!  I divided it into four servings, with each serving being 8P+.  I had a little more than one serving, and counted 11 Points Plus for it, along with a glass of water to drink.




I had another serving of the chicken stir fry for dinner (8P+) and paired it with two cups of milk (4P+) for a total of 12 Points Plus for dinner.

I was also decorating a cake all day, and tracked 2 Points Plus for the bits of frosting I tasted throughout the day.

I ended the day having eaten 35 Points Plus, still leaving me with 32 Weekly Points Plus for Sunday and Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment