Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 32: Some Food Observations

I often look at a serving of food (any food, it doesn't really matter which one) and think to myself "that's not very much food", and my inclination is to have more.  However, since I now am counting Points Plus for the food, I have one serving ( one half serving, depending on the food), and figure if I really want more of it, I can always have more, and just count it.   Well, I've noticed just about every time, that the original amount that I took is plenty, I don't need more, even if I could eat more. 

I've also noticed that I don't seem to be having much trouble sticking to my Daily Points Plus Target either.   I'm sure it helps that I'm not a big fan of bread (never really have been).  My lunches are usually leftovers heated up, rather than a sandwich.  That's fine with me, since the bread I prefer to eat is 3P+ per slice, that would make for a very high points plus lunch!  I have been having two cups of milk with each meal, and sometimes my snack at night also.  I've noticed that sometimes (mostly with my snack) that one cup of milk would be sufficient, rather than two.  I may try having one cup with snack and one cup with lunch and see how that is.  I started having two cups with each meal because it left me more satisfied after each meal.

For breakfast I had two servings of Multi-Grain Cheerios (5P+), a banana (0P+) and two cups of milk (4P+) for a total of 9 Points Plus.

Lunch was leftover Crispy Fish from yesterday.  One serving of Crispy Fish (4P+), a half cup of Knorr Mushroom Rice (3P+), a half cup of Green Giant Creamed Corn (2P+) and two cups milk (4P+), for a total of 13 Points Plus.

Dinner was leftovers also, lol.  Nature's Place TriColor Tortellini (9P+), quarter cup spaghetti sauce (1P+), a potato hot dog roll (3P+) grilled in a half teaspoon of butter (0P+), and two cups of milk (4P+).  This all totaled 17 Points Plus.

I was hungry later and had a packet of Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal (4P+) and two cups of milk (4P+) for a total of 8 Points Plus for my snack.

I ended the day having eaten 47 Points Plus, using 11 of my Weekly Points Plus Allowance, leaving me with 17 Points Plus for the remaining 3 days of my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment