Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 1: Joining

I thought about re-joining WW for quite a while before I actually did.  I searched online for a meeting that was at at a convenient time for me, was run by the Leader I had last time (that I absolutely love!!), and was not toooooo far away.  It's a little bit of a drive, but it's close to where my best friend is during the day, and she has promised me she's going to join after the first of the Year!  YAY!!!!!


The meeting is on Tuesday afternoons at 12:30.  Since I knew I had to register and everything, I got there a little early.  Apparently, my information was still in the computer from last time, so I was spared having to fill out all the paperwork again.  Then, it was time to step on the scale, for my starting weight.  Unlike most members, I actually left my shoes on (gasp!) since it's really a pita to take them off every week to get weighed.  This way, I can keep them on, and it also takes less time this way.  The actual # isn't as important to me and the amount I lose, so I figure as long as I'm happy with it, what does it matter. :)  Funny enough...my starting weight this time was a half pound less than the first time, lol.

I'm not ready to reveal my starting weight just yet, but will be reporting my ups and downs along the journey.  I will say, for anyone familiar with the new Points Plus program (P+), I get 37 points a day.  I also get an extra 49 points a week to use as I wish, or not at all.  I have a bit of learning to do regarding the Plan, since it's not the same one I was used to following before.  You are given more points per day and week, but some foods have more points than they used too.  How can this happen you ask?  Simple....they changed the nutrition information used to calculate the points on food.

So.........How did I do on Day 1?

I chose not to eat breakfast before getting weighed, and didn't plan ahead and bring something to eat after getting weighed....so it ended up being almost 2pm before I ate (I got up at 10am).  I had the worst headache I've had in a long time!!  I will be planning ahead and bringing a portable breakfast with me in the future.

I had a lot of grocery shopping to do for Christmas treats and stuff, and knew I had to eat before stepping foot into a grocery store.  I had purchased the Deluxe Kit when I joined, so I took out the Dining Out Guide and consulted different fast food restaurants.  I don't really like fast food, and can't stomach most of it.  I do, however, like Wendy's.  So I looked there first to see what the P+ were for some of the foods I like there. 

The Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich was 9 points, and the side salad, with dressing, was 1 point.  The chicken sandwich was good, I've had it before and like it.  The side salad, on the other hand, was a pretty sad excuse for a salad!  Will have to look into other side options for the next time I find myself at Wendy's.  I love soda, but cannot drink diet soda, so I had water to drink with my meal.

The first grocery store I went into sold a box of 8 individual packages of pre-cut apples.  Now...I like apples, I just don't like biting into them if they are soft.  My definition of soft is quite different from most peoples I believe.  For me, the apple has to be hard or I won't eat it.  Yes, I'm strange....I have a lot of weird food issues, which I'm sure will eventually come out in some form on this blog.  I felt like snacking a little while later, so opened a package of the apples.  They were pretty good, I'd eat them again.  

A few hours later I was in a grocery store, still a few hours away from being home and making dinner, and was starving.  I took a look at the "power bar" aisle, and used to love Kashi bars.  So, I looked at those, and found that the Kashi Roll Bar is 5 points, and has lots of protein.  I learned last time, that I need more protein or I just keep getting hungry quite quickly.  So, I bought the bar and ate it in the car. 

While out shopping, I ended up picking up a 60ct shrimp ring.  No real reason...it just looked good and I figured I could do something with it for dinner.  I ended up having 2 servings of the shrimp (5 points) with an ounce of leftover pasta with sauce (3 points) and meatballs (2 points).  I love milk......I can actually drink a gallon of milk in a little over a day if I drank all I really wanted.  I had two 8oz glasses of milk with dinner for another 4 points., then had a clementine for desert.

I stay up late, probably too late, and as a result, I get hungry a few hours after dinner.  I first had a small bag of microwave popcorn because I felt like munching (3 points) and another clementine.  Then I actually was hungry, so had a bowl of oatmeal (3 points) with a banana mixed in.  It's very nice that fruits are zero points now, as are most vegetables!  Fruit juice, however is not free, lol, but I had a glass of cranberry juice because I love it, for 2 points.

I ended the day having eaten 39 points.  Since I get 37 a day, I went over by 2, and those are subtracted from my weekly allowance of 49.  I also drank 8 glasses of liquid over the day, three servings of dairy, 4 servings of fruits/veg and took my multivitamin.

So, going into Day 2, I have 47 of my weekly 49 points left.


~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment