Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 7: How do you define Success?

Today was quite a productive day for me.  I got a ton of my holiday baking done, so I am very excited about that!   I even entered my cookie recipes into the Recipe Builder on eTools and put in how many cookies I ended up with.  Most of the cookies are being given away as gifts, but some will be kept, and I wanted to know how many points per cookie they all were.  Surprisingly (at least to me), they are all pretty much the same.  One cookie is 3 points, and two cookies are 5 points.  I may not eat a lot of them, but it's nice to know how many points they are, should I choose to eat some. 

Miraculously, I didn't feel like eggs for breakfast today!  Instead, I had Kashi Blueberry cereal (6pts) with an apple cut up in it, and 2 cups of milk (4pts) for a breakfast of 10 points. 

I then got into making cookie dough and baking and before I realized it, it was 3pm and I was starving.  So, I cooked up some spaghetti, meatballs (frozen) and canned sauce.  I had one serving of spaghetti (5pts), four meatballs (1pt ea), a quarter cup of sauce (1pt) and three cups of milk (6pts) for a lunch of 16 points.  Yes, a quarter cup of sauce is right....I do not like a lot of sauce on my pasta. 

I have found that if I don't have milk with a meal, I am left feeling hungry pretty soon afterwards.  So, today I have decided to have milk with all meals for a few days and see if I notice a difference.

For dinner I had two packets of oatmeal (6pts) with an apple cut up in it.  I also had two cups of milk to drink also (4pts).  That's a total of 10 points for dinner.

You probably noticed that dinner was quite a bit lighter than lunch.  I found that I am hungrier at lunch than dinner, so am trying to switch to eating a slightly bigger meal for lunch rather than dinner.  I have found, after only a few days, that I am less hungry during the day.

I felt like snacking a little bit later, so I had a mini-bag of popcorn for 3 points. 

So today, I used all of my 37 daily points, and dipped into my weekly allowance for 2 points.  That leaves me with 9 points leftover for the week.

I also made some breakfast muffins for those mornings where I don't have time for breakfast.  Tomorrow is one of them, so I'll be sure to let you know how they were, and whether they are worth the 5 points each.


All in all, I have to say it was a pretty good week.  I don't feel I deprived myself of anything I really wanted to eat.  Sure, I would have eaten more food if I hadn't joined WW, but I didn't miss the extra food either.  I am not going to speculate on how I think I did pound-wise because the actual number is irrelevant to me.  I am eating better, healthier foods, in reasonable quantities, and am not starving.  In my mind, that makes it a successful week, regardless of what the scale says. 

No comments:

Post a Comment