Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 17: Eating out Challenges

Today I started putting together all my Christmas baskets to be given out in the next few days.  Breakfast consisted of two servings of Multi-Grain Cheerios (5pts), a banana (0pts) and two cups of milk (4pts), for a total of 9 points.

I got busy putting the different components of the baskets together and lost track of time.  By the time I realized it, it was 2:30 and I had to be out of the house by 3!  So, I rushed and got dressed and was starving by the time I came downstairs to leave.  Since I didn't have time to sit and eat, I made two packets of oatmeal (6pts) with some frozen fruit in it (0pts), and put it in my new soup thermos to take with me and eat at my friend's house while waiting for her kids to get home.  I was taking them out to do some shopping for their parents for Christmas.  I also brought two cups of milk with me to drink while I ate the oatmeal (4pts).  Lunch ended up 10 points.

While we were out shopping, Muffin called and asked if we could pick up pizza for dinner.  I groaned inside but said 'sure'.  Here is one of the big challenges in making this plan work in the real world.  You get surprises thrown at you, things don't always go according to plan, etc.....  So, finding myself without my books or internet access, I used my best judgement and had two slices of pizza, and had water to drink.  When I got home, I looked up the pizza and it turns out it was only 7 points per slice.  Had two cups of milk when I first got home (4pts) also.  So dinner ended up 18points.

When I finally returned home I was hungry.  Looking around for a lower point, but filling snack, I spotted some leftover ham.  So I had 5oz of the ham and that was only 4 points.  I drank water with it. 

So the day ended up with 41 points being eaten, using only 5 of the weekly allowance points.  Leaving me with 42 points for the week.



So I ate

No comments:

Post a Comment