Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why?

After thinking for a little bit on a title for this post, 'Why?' seemed to fit.  It's a huge open ended question at best.  Let's see how much I succeed in answering it :)

Why did I decide to blog about my WW journey?  That's tough to answer.  I've been thinking the last few days about this one.  I have a few other blogs and really enjoy sharing my life and myself with others.  I'm hoping that by sharing my WW journey, maybe I can help someone else that is going through it, etc....

Why did I join WW?  Well, this is actually my second time joining.  I joined the first time about 7 years ago, and was met with great success.  However, like a lot of people, I kind of fell off the wagon.  Had some stuff happen in my personal life, that ultimately caused me to lose interest and motivation in following the plan.  Though I thought I had changed my eating habits after being on Plan for 3 or 4 years, it was frightening how quickly old habits came racing back.  Surprising, 3 years later, I have actually retained some of the good habits!

Why the title "Eating for Life"?   Well.....WW is really a way of life.  As they say, it's not a die-it, it's a live-it.  A diet cannot be maintained for the long term, because there are usually too many restrictions placed on the 'dieter.'  WW tries to teach you how to change your eating habits so you develop good eating habits that can be maintained for the long haul.  It truly is a way of living, not dieting.
 
I've finally decided it was time to do this again, and commit myself to doing it for the long haul.  I feel that, in addition to being accountable each week and weigh-in, that I need to be accountable to someone/something else.  Hopefully this blog will accomplish that!

So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey with me!

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment