Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 6: Recipes

I was too tired last night to blog, so I just went to bed.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful as it related to WW.  Like a lot of people, I bake for Christmas.  Last week and this coming week will be consumed by that.  I bake treats not only for people, but also for pets for Christmas.  Yesterday was a full baking day.

I woke up and decided to have eggs for breakfast.  I so love eggs.  I don't know why, can't explain it, but I do.  I'm always looking for new ideas on how to prepare them.  Yesterday I decided to do scrambled eggs and put the leftover broccoli & cheese in them (6pts).  They were good, but a little soft.  I think I just don't have enough patience to let them cook long enough in the pan.  I like my eggs cooked a bit more than most people do.  I looked up fritatta's online, but it seems they are all broiled in the oven, and my broiler doesn't work.  I had hoped to find a recipe with them cooked entirely on the stove, but alas, did not.  I also had 2 cups of milk with breakfast (4pts) for a total of 10 points for breakfast.

In the middle of baking some very yummy dog treats (at least that's the impression I got...my dog kept wanting more, lol),  I took a break for lunch.  I decided to have some ham.  We have leftover ham that was frozen after Thanksgiving.  I LOVE ham, it's actually a tie between eggs and ham.  If it had not been in the freezer, it would have been gone by now.  I had 5.75oz of ham with visible skin and fat removed (5pts), half cup of leftover mashed potatoes (3pts) and a cup of frozen corn (4pts) for a total of 12 points for lunch.  I had water to drink with lunch, although I may consider having milk with lunch rather than dinner.  I seem to stay satisfied longer when I have milk to drink with a meal.  I also tend to have dinner later, and if I drink milk to close to bedtime, I am awoken in the middle of the night with a nasty burning sensation in my throat from the milk.  Though it did not happen last night, thankfully.

Dinner looked a lot like lunch did yesterday.  As I said, I love ham, and if it's there I want to eat it.  I had 5oz of ham (4pts), half cup of canned baked beans (3pts), half cup of frozen corn (2pts) and 2 cups of milk (4pts), for a total of 13 points.  I actually ended up with 2 points leftover yesterday.  I wasn't hungry to eat them, so I didn't.  I still have 11 of my weekly allowance points left, and I don't see me eating them all tomorrow, so I'll have some left that won't get used this week.

I've been looking for some good recipes for breakfast items that can be eaten on the run.  I found a breakfast muffin recipe that sounds real good.  Going to make those tonight and see how they turn out.  I also found a recipe for whole wheat cinnamon waffles.  They sound absolutely delicious, so I can't wait to make those either.

A friend sent me a recipe for oven baked french toast that sounds very yummy!  Looking forward to trying that too.  As you can see, I love breakfast.  Hot breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.  Growing up we frequently had breakfast for dinner and I absolutely loved it!

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment