Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 11: New creations!

Today was spent baking and decorating a cake and cupcakes for some festivities this weekend.

For breakfast I attempted to make an omelette.  I love eggs, but am not very imaginative when it comes to cooking them.  I diced up some onion and ham (1pt) and cooked them in a teaspoon of butter (1pt).  I then took them out of the pan and poured in two eggs that I had whipped with a fork (4pts) and added salt and pepper to.  I let them cook, undisturbed until the bottom was set and the top was slightly wet, then poured in the onion and ham mixture.  I let it cook a little longer then attempted to flip it, using a plate.  Miraculously none ended up on the stove, and all ended up in the pan, lol.  It came out pretty good.  I'd love to learn how to make a light fluffy omelette however.  I also had two cups of milk with my breakfast (4pts).  Breakfast ended up being 9 points.

I made some chicken salad for lunch from the leftover chicken thighs.  I took one thigh (4pts), scraped off the mushy cornbread breading and chopped it up.  I then added chopped onion, a handful of craisins (20g, 2pts), some chopped up apple, a few tablespoons of Miracle Whip Free (1pt) and various seasonings (salt, pepper, dill, celery salt, probably some others, lol).  Mixed it all up and it was absolutely divine!  It was so good, in fact, that I ate it before thinking about taking a picture, lol.  I made a sandwich with half of it (3pts) and a slice of Arnold Oat Nut bread (3pts).  I had also weighed out one serving of pretzels and eaten two of them when I realized they were the same points as the other half of the chicken salad, and that I'd rather eat the chicken salad.  So I put the rest of the pretzels back and ate the remainder of the chicken salad with a fork (3pts).  I washed it all down with two cups of milk (4pts).  It was quite a good and satisfying lunch for 13 points!

For dinner I made my own little concoction.  I took some chopped onion and pre-shredded carrots and cooked them in a teaspoon of butter (1pt).  When the onions and carrot were soft, I took them out of the pan and put in a semi-frozen Jennie-O turkey burger (4pts).  I broke up the burger into ground turkey as it cooked in the pan.  Once it was nearly cooked, I put the onion/carrot mixture back in and added a half cup of corn (2pts).  I then added a small amount of steak marinade, and two different barbecue sauces I had (figured a total of two tablespoons, 0pts).  I mixed it all together in the pan, turned it to low and put the cover on to simmer while I baked a potato in the microwave (3pts).  Once the potato was done I took it out and cut it up on my plate, sort of mashing it with my fork.  Then poured the meat mixture on my plate with the potatoes.  It looked like A LOT of food!  I wasn't sure I was going to eat it all, lol.  I also had two cups of milk with dinner (4pts).  My entire dinner was only 14 points! 

I had already eaten 1/3 of it when I remember to take a picture!
I ended the day having eaten 36 points, and didn't end up using any of my weekly points!  I still have 40 weekly points left.  I have a party tomorrow night and then going to visit with a friend for a few days.  I'm planning to stick to plan, so we'll see how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment