Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 13: A Revelation of Sorts

This morning I got up and packed up my stuff from my friend's house in CT and drove to NH to visit another friend who just had a baby a couple months ago.  I looked online last night at the website for Panera Bread and took a look at their nutritional information for some of their breakfast sandwiches.  I noticed they had one called Breakfast Power Sandwich.  This sounded like something that would give me a lot of 'bang for my buck' so to speak.  I calculated it out, and it would be 9 points for the sandwich.  I decided I'd give it a try and see how it was.

So, I went to Panera, got the sandwich (9pts) and two cups of skim milk.  Now, I didn't think to specify two 8oz cups of skim milk...and I think I ended up with two 12oz cups of skim milk (6pts).  It was more than 8oz, but it was not 16oz, so I estimated.  I, of course, drank the milk because I love milk and wasn't going to throw it out.  So my breakfast ended up 15 points.  I ate it around 10am, on my way to NH.  I will say that I was not hungry again until about 3 or 4 when we had lunch, so it seemed to work out pretty good.  Here is a picture of it:

It tasted ok.  I don't think I like the aged white cheddar that's in it, so if I get it again, I will ask for it with different cheese.  It could definitely have used ketchup, but that's kind of messy in the car.  I moved the bread so you could see inside of it :)

My friend had cooked some vegetable lasagna for lunch, along with garlic bread.  Assuming that the lasagna would be high in points, and pretty much knowing the garlic bread would be, I had half of a slice of garlic bread (3pts), and one serving of the lasagna (8pts).  It was a frozen one, and the box said eight servings, and we cut it into eight pieces, so that was kind of easy, lol.  While we were getting lunch together, she pulled out thin mint cookies and Snyder's pretzel bites.  I LOVE both of these soooo much!  I could probably sit down and eat the entire package of both, lol.  But, knowing I would be counting the points later, I had one thin mint (1pt) and three of the pretzel bites (1pt).  I told her I was saving my appetite for lunch.  

Yes, sometimes I lie to people when I'm on WW, and tell them I'm not hungry when I am, etc....  It just makes it easier.  I have found it's sometimes easier when people don't know you're on WW.  Plus, WW is for living, and in the real world, you eat at people's houses that don't necessarily accommodate WW, so you have to figure out how to deal with it, so I'm trying to do that as I go along.  I also realized that I don't need to eat the entire package of cookies.  Sometimes just one is all I need.  Just a taste of it, and I'm good.  I did this last time I joined WW.  If I was really craving say, a candy bar, and someone I knew had one, I would ask for a small piece (bite size) of it, and it would satisfy me, I didn't really need the entire candy bar to be happy.

After lunch she pulled out mint chocolate chip ice cream for desert.  If you've never had Breyer's brand, you HAVE to buy it!  It is THE best I've ever tasted!!  Knowing it was full fat ice cream, I had approx a half cup (4pts).  It may have been a little less or a little more, but I figure the important thing is that I'm counting SOMETHING for it, and I'm not grossly underestimating how much ice cream there was.

So lunch, and it's preparations ended up being 17 points.  Not too bad considering what we had.

For dinner we bought a spiral ham at the grocery store.  I estimated that I ate about six ounces of ham (5pts), about a third cup of corn (1pt), a serving of sweet potato fries (4pts) and two cups of skim milk (4pts).  I have been eating enough leftover spiral ham the past few weeks (and weighing it) that I am pretty comfortable estimating the weight of the ham.  Again, I might be off a little bit, but I'm making a reasonable attempt to count it.  Dinner ended up being 14 points.  No dessert after dinner, so that helped some.

She mentioned she bought Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow, so at least I am forwarned and can plan my day around that.  I looked it up and one roll is only 4 points, two is 8 points.  So I'm glad to know beforehand how much it will be.  Then I can decide if the second roll is really worth the 4 extra points.

So I ended up having 46 points today, going over my daily points by 10, therefore leaving me with 16 weekly points for tomorrow.  I am hoping to not eat them all tomorrow, but we will see.  Since ham can be quite salty, I am trying to drink lots of water tonight and tomorrow to hopefully flush the sodium out of my system before getting weighed on Tuesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment