Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 5: Party, Party, Party!!

So, you're probably wondering how I did at the party. I didn't do too badly, in fact, I did better than I expected!

I started by having two packets of oatmeal mixed with chopped apple and heated up cranberries, a teaspoon of sugar, and 2 cups of skim milk to drink.  This all came up to 10 points.  I figured by having a filling meal before going to the party, I would be less likely to munch on all the unhealthy treats.  I did have some of them, but way less than I would have if I hadn't eaten beforehand.

Here's what I had at the party:
2 steamed potstickers - 2 pts                            3 mini pigs in blankets - 7pts
5 triscuit crackers - 3pts                                   1/2 oz ruffles - 2pts
2 meatballs - 5pts                                             3 ritz crackers - 1pt
4 wheat thin crackers - 1pt                               2oz of cheese - 6pts
1 deviled egg - 2pts                                          4 frozen taquitos - 5pts
piece of cake - 11pts                                       15 m&m's - 4pts

That all adds up to 49 points.  I was really surprised it wasn't more points.  I made sure to put the food on a plate before eating it, rather than snacking from the buffet table.  I took what looked like a reasonable serving of everything I wanted to have, and feel really good about how I did!

I was hungry when I got home quite a few hours later, so had some lean ham as a snack.  I had 6oz, and it was only 5pts.  I also had 2 cups of skim milk for another 4 points.  Yes.....I do love my milk!!!

All told, I ate 68 points today, and used 31 of my weekly allowance points.  So that leaves me with 11 weekly points for Sunday and Monday.  I know it's not recommended to use that many allowance points in one day, but it was a special occasion and I planned ahead for it, so I'm pretty happy with today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment