Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 2: Planning doesn't always work out

Today I got up about an hour before I had to leave for an appointment.  So, just enough time to shower, get dressed and grab some food for the road.  I had purchased a box of Carnation instant breakfast packets yesterday (I used to love it when I was in high school) to mix with the milk I usually drink as breakfast when I have to be somewhere.  Two cups of skim milk and two packets of mix were 7 points.  I also grabbed a banana and a few clementine's, and ate the banana while drinking the milk.

I had some errands to run afterwards, and expected to be home in time for lunch.  My car, however, had other plans and didn't inform me beforehand, lol.  While running errands, the battery light on my instrument panel came on.  Great....so I turned around and headed to the dealer to have it looked at.  There goes plans to have lunch at home.  So, I pulled out my Dining Out Guide (I think I might just leave it in the car!) to see what McDonald's might have that was acceptable to me for lunch.  There is a McD's near the dealership, so that's where I was going to get some lunch.  McD's Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken was only 8 points and the dressing for it was only 3.  Not too bad for an unplanned lunch out.  I ate one of the clementine's while waiting at the dealership. 

Was at the dealership for a few hours before they knew what was wrong with the car.  Turns out I need a new alternator, rear brakes and a brake fluid flush.  I have 183k miles on it, so it's bound to need stuff sooner or later, and the brakes wouldn't pass the inspection anyway.  It was going to be a while, so I called and got a ride home.  I still had grocery shopping to finish up today, so got a ride to the store, and went to Subway for dinner beforehand.  I had a 6" veggie delite on honey oat bread with cheese and ff honey mustard sauce, all for 7 points!  Got a back of Sunchips montery jack and sundried tomato chips, ate about 2/3 of the bag, for 4 points.  I have the rest saved for a snack sometime :)

Got home and was relaxing later and started feeling hungry.  I have learned through past experience, that if I wait until I'm actually starving or very hungry to eat, that nothing makes me not hungry.  So, when I start feeling hungry, I eat.  It took me a long time to figure out what was actually hunger and what wasn't - it was not easy!  At first, I would actually wait for my stomach to growl before I would eat.  I have now learned to recognize actual hunger, and act accordingly.  Therefore, I tend to eat 4 smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3.  I cooked up 2 scrambled eggs in the microwave (they are surprisingly good!), tossed on a slice of Kraft Singles, and washed it down with 2 cups of milk, all for 10 points.  I had a clementine somewhere in there too, lol.

So, today I ate 39 points worth of food.  So, that leaves me with 45 weekly allowance points for the rest of the week (which ends on Monday).  I am going to a celebration party for my cousin's wife on Saturday, so I am trying to save most of my weekly points for then, since I don't know what kind of food will be present.

Time for bed....will post again tomorrow!  I am going to try and remember to take photos of the foods I'm eating, I just forgot today and yesterday.


~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment