Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 9: Getting ready for Christmas

Today was spent working on my Christmas treats again.  I tried a new recipe for waffles for breakfast.  I found the recipe here online.  I didn't have the buttermilk that the recipe called for, so looking online and found that you can mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice with 2 cups milk to get buttermilk!  I also used cornmeal, because I had that in the cupboard.  The batter seemed really watery after I mixed it up, so I let it sit for about 10 minutes before putting it into the waffle iron.  It cooked up beautifully!  The recipe made 3 full waffles on my waffle iron (4 squares to a waffle).  It ended up that two of the smaller squares were only 5 points.  I asked the other day on the WW forums about different toppings for pancakes, etc.... and it was suggested to thaw and heat up frozen fruit and put that on.  So, I bought a back of frozen mixed berries at the store the other day, and pulled them out today.  They were good with the waffles, but next time I will pick up the fruit with my fork and then pick up the waffle bite, rather than putting the fruit over the waffle.  The waffles started to get a little soggy, and I hate soggy food.

So, my breakfast consisted of two waffles (5pts), two cups of milk (4pts) and the frozen fruit (0pts) for a total of 9 points for breakfast.

For lunch, I baked some chicken thighs (I hate white meat!) and used a breading recipe that I saw on the back of the cornmeal bag.  It was basically equal parts cornmeal and flour, and some spices thrown in.  I'm not usually a big 'breading' person, but I decided to give it a shot.  You dip the chicken into milk, then dredge it in the breading mixture.  In hindsight, it would have been better to leave the thigh folded up like it came and dip it and bread it that way.  I unfolded the thigh, dipped it and breaded it, then folded it back up and put it in the pan.  This resulted in there being mush inside the chicken.....not my idea of good food.  The actual breading on the chicken was very thin, which I prefer.  I must have forgotten something though ,because the breading didin't brown up in the oven.

My lunch consisted of one breaded chicken thigh (5pts), a baked potato with a little FF Ranch dressing mixed in (2pts), a half cup of corn (2pts) and two cups of milk (4pts) for a total of 13 points for lunch.

Dinner was pretty simple, leftover spaghetti from the other night.  One serving spaghetti (5pts), a quarter cup sauce (1pt), two cups milk (4pts), half a banana chocolate chip cookie (1pt) and half a white chocolate supreme cookie (1pt), all for a total of 12 points.

That gives me 37 points for the entire day, using 1 point from my weekly allowance.  This leaves me with 43 of my weekly allowance points left.

No comments:

Post a Comment