Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 20: A taste sometimes really is enough!

So, yesterday was a lazy kind of day.  Couldn't go out and hit the after-Christmas sales cause we were snowed in with a blizzard outside.  Amazingly enough, I didn't eat the entire house out of boredom.  This is partly due to me staying out of the kitchen unless it was time for a meal.

I started the day with a breakfast of two eggs (Eggland's Best, 3 pts), two breakfast sausages (3pts), a teaspoon of butter (1pt) and two cups of milk (4pts) for a total of 14 points for breakfast.  It was a very satisfying and filling breakfast.

My next meal is probably dinner.  Breakfast was at 11:30, and this meal was at 4:30.  I tried cooking up something I made about a week or so ago.  I took a pound and a half of hamburg and cooked it up in the frying pan, added some chopped onion, pre-shredded carrots, barbecue sauce (a mix of a few different ones) and finally some frozen corn.  I used the Recipe Builder on the eTools website, and put in the number of servings as 34, since that's how many ounces I ended up with once it was all cooked.  For dinner I had a 5.5 ounce serving (8pts), a half serving of egg noodles (3pts), two cups of milk (4pts) and a slice of Arnold Oat Nut Bread (3pts) for a total of 14 points for dinner.

I decided I wanted a little dessert after dinner, so took out my Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. I put my dish on the scale, and scooped out what looked like a quarter cup of ice cream.  Put it in the dish and it was more, so I decided I would have a half cup of ice cream, and scooped out enough to make a half cup (4pts).  Once I was done eating it, I realized that I really only enjoyed the first half of it....and that a quarter cup would have been plenty to satisfy me.  In the future, I'm going to try to stick to a quarter cup of ice cream.

I got hunger later on, so I had a snack of oatmeal (3pts) with frozen blueberries and raspberries in it, and two cups of milk (4pts) for a total of 7pts.

So, I ended the day having eaten 39 points, using 3 more of my weekly points.  This leaves me with 18 weekly points for Monday.

~Chelle

No comments:

Post a Comment